Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Diary of Two-Faced Esmeralda Jackson - Entry Four (part two)



“Courtney!” Bonnie Anne exclaimed.

“Oh, Bonnie Anne please don’t send me back to town!” The little girl pleaded.

“Like troggies I won’t! Your brother would kill you if he found out you were all the way out here, it’s dangerous!”

“He doesn’t know I’m here. He had to go out to get some Battacuda for our dinner and he wouldn’t let me go catch them with him. I wanted to fight something! So I came out here where I knew the cutthroats would be. Everyone wants them out of here so I thought I could get rid of them for everyone.”

“You don’t even have a weapon Courtney, how do you expect to fight all these sharks?”

The little girl looked down at her feet and shrugged, “I just wanted to help.”

“Well you can help by staying home where you are supposed to be,” Bonnie Anne turned to me. “I’m sorry captain, but I need to take Little Courtney-”

“I’m not little!” The little girl interrupted.   

“-back to town where she won’t get hurt.” Bonnie Anne finished without skipping a beat.

I glanced over to where the cutthroats were setting up camp; it looked like they were preparing to stay for a while. Their numbers were far too great for just me and Wing Chun to take on by ourselves. “No,”

“No?” Bonnie Anne asked.

“No?” The little girl asked hopefully.

“In fact I will need your help Courtney.”

“Yes!” The little girl said and she started to dance around in a circle.

“But captain she’s just a little girl! She doesn’t even have proper training!”

“You bet I do! I sneak into the Commodore’s classes almost every day to hear him train his prodigies. He doesn’t mind me being there. And the Blind Mew teaches me all kinds of useful stuff, like how to use my ears instead of my eyes.”

“Well that’s all great and dandy Courtney but you don’t have a weapon.”

“She doesn’t need one,” Wing Chun said. “I haven’t used a real weapon in years. My hands and feet serve as my weapons for me every day.”

“She’ll do fine,” I said turning to the cutthroats. “There have been wizards younger than her who has been asked to do more.”

“Wizards captain?” Bonnie Anne asked.

“Pirates… I said pirates.”

“So who do we go after first, the bluish green one or the greenish blue one?” Courtney started rubbing her hands together in a menacing way.

“Neither,” I said.

“What?” Courtney slumped her shoulders and pouted.

“I have a special job for you.”

“That doesn’t involve me fighting?”

“Nope.”

“But that’s no fun at all!”

        “But you see Courtney,” I bent over slightly so I was eye to eye with the little girl. “Without you, my plan will never work.” 



See ya in the game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment