Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Diary of Two-Faced Esmaralda Jackson - Entry Three


Entry Three - Day one of my new life
 

It isn’t easy being thrown about on a ship with cannons and then whisked away by a monkey and an old man who smells like gun powder. I had to watch as my homeland’s ship fell through the skyway, they even made me do it. Only clockworks were left on though, so no real loss as others can always be made. We hurried to Skull Island and Avery welcomed me with some not so open arms.

 

“You’re the orphan that Boochbeard insisted on rescuing then? Not much are you? Well I suppose if Mr. Gandry thinks you’re worth it… I guess I could offer you a bunker to stay in for the night.”

I tried not to sneer, “A night? I just practically got blasted out of the sky. Don’t you think you could do better?”

Avery frowned. “Now no need to be nasty. Maybe I could offer you a semi-permanent home for you here… for a price.”

“How much?” I asked reaching for my leather pouch. The Armada had made sure I had enough gold to persuade any pirate.

“I don’t need you gold. I need you to owe me a favor, swear to it?”

A favor? That was it? “I swear, on a pirate’s honor.” Avery didn’t seem to catch my sarcasm.

We shook hands and he showed me the way to my new dorm with many gestures from his hands. “It will be right by the life fountain which is just out and down from these doors.” It looked like he was trying to stir his tea in midair but I was usually pretty good with verbal directions. “It’s the one with pink curtains.” Then he waved me away.

I made my way down the correct dorm and opened it with the key that Avery almost forgot to give me. Wing Chun had been sent to another one of this islands many dorms most of which seemed to be well hidden. The dorm was large but barren with only a hammock, rug, table, and chair to adorn the room. Oh yes, and a pirate flag hanging on the wall, it was very cliché.

I was starting to regret my promise. That pirate Avery could ask me to do just about anything. Before I could get too worried a series of knocks sounded from my door. I opened it to a boy who was not much older than me.

“Are you Esmeralda Jackson?” He asked impatiently.

“Depends on whose asking,” I said crossing my arms.

Two-faced Esmeralda Jackson?” He said raising his eyebrows.

My eyes widened a bit.

“I’m Sneaky Eric Thatcher, Sneaky Eric Jackson Thatcher.” He held out his hand for me to shake. “I believe we have some business to discuss.”

 

I must stop writing now, it’s getting to be morning and Avery had requested my presence. I believe Eric will be very valuable to the Armada as he has a lot of information regarding the illegal dealings of pirates as Eric grew up on Skull Island.

 
-Two-faced Esmeralda Jackson


That was a long one, sorry!
See ya in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment