Sunday, December 16, 2012

Diary of Two-Faced Esmeralda Jackson – Entry Two


I’m really enjoying writing this story and so I hope it is enjoyable to read as well. :)

Enjoy!

 

Entry Two- the origin of my name

               
 
The ship is currently sailing at a much slower speed than expected. Either we are close to our destination or we have run into some trouble.

I’ve been mulling over my name ever since I got onto this ship. It is not my given name. I was originally called Amber James but then my sister...well let’s just say I have explored the spiral much more than I have ever wanted to. My name has changed several times in my life. Whether due to rebellion to my parents or out of necessity my name has gone through several changes.

This time my name change is rather symbolic of the adventures that I will have in the future. Two-faced is self-explanatory I would hope as I very much will be having two faces in a figurative way. Esmeralda is Monquistan for emerald which is the color of the Valencia sky, a very stormy place. The Monquista reference is representative for my last quest… that was a disaster. Jackson is the middle name of a friend that will be living on Skull Island when I arrive. Jackson is such an uncommon name in this area that my last name will let the other Jackson know who I am.

A cannon ball has just struck the cell bars at the end of the hallway. It looks like it’s showtime.
 
            -Two-Faced Esmeralda Jackson


See ya in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment